Team UKS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nintendo Wii - Really a "Revolution"?

5 posters

Go down

The Nintendo Wii - Really a "Revolution"? Empty The Nintendo Wii - Really a "Revolution"?

Post by ultramega Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:11 pm

What are your guys' opinions on the subject. Is it really the next big step in adding more immersion and interactivity to games? Or is it just a cheap gimmick? Will developers take advantage of the hardware and abilities of the system, or continue to make cheap cash-ins? Will we see any killer exclusives after this year is done?

Will the Wii stand the test of time? Will it remain in the lead in the console race for much longer? Is there really a "huge demand" and are they really flying off store shelves as fast as people say they are?

Discuss your thoughts here.
ultramega
ultramega
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

The Nintendo Wii - Really a "Revolution"? Empty Re: The Nintendo Wii - Really a "Revolution"?

Post by skyline_junkee Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:16 am

EH i think its a fad. and honistly i hate swinging my fists around trying to open a door. ill stick with my PS3 any day of the week
skyline_junkee
skyline_junkee
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

The Nintendo Wii - Really a "Revolution"? Empty Re: The Nintendo Wii - Really a "Revolution"?

Post by Tru_Power22 Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Well, I do like some of the games, the main thing is it's cheap.
Tru_Power22
Tru_Power22
Internet Gangster
Internet Gangster

Number of posts : 382

https://teamuks.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by blissbo Wed May 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Isn't Wii like Japanese for revolution?

I think its definitely a great step forward for Nintendo, being the most sold console on the market right now.
blissbo
blissbo
Sir Sexy
Sir Sexy

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ultramega Wed May 28, 2008 11:22 pm

blissbo wrote:Isn't Wii like Japanese for revolution?

I think its definitely a great step forward for Nintendo, being the most sold console on the market right now.
No. They picked "Wii" because no matter what language you speak, it can be easily pronounced. Plus, it sounds like "we", and the Wii is meant to be played together.

It was a smart move, in one way. They got a fast lead on their competition with what they chose to do with their console, since it attracted everyone, but, like many analysts predict, the PS3 will most likely come out on top, by 2011.
ultramega
ultramega
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by skyline_junkee Sat May 31, 2008 2:06 pm

i thought this thread was dead...but regardless i agree with Ultra that the PS3 will dominate all (only cuz PS always does.) and two. the Wii is NOT a solid console. i go over to a friends house and play games from time to tie on it and i have to fight with the controls EVERY TIME to turn a nob or jump right. they should have taken more time in designing it in my opinion. look at PS3 they where to be released the same time as the Xbox 360 and got pushed back an entire YEAR!
skyline_junkee
skyline_junkee
Hardcore Member
Hardcore Member

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tru_Power22 Sat May 31, 2008 9:48 pm

The Wii controls are fine, mainly for the fist party games... Third parties usually use the Wii for a cheap cash in,and this is where the problem arise.
Tru_Power22
Tru_Power22
Internet Gangster
Internet Gangster

Number of posts : 382

https://teamuks.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by buerger23 Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Games like Guitar Hero III really show us how much of a REvolution this really is.

Laughing
buerger23
buerger23
Newb!
Newb!

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down